Well, I am rounding up my Spring Break this week and I honestly can say that I have never been more productive (or tired) in my whole entire life.Planning a wedding--THE EVENT of my life--is seriously hard work! I haven't slept well, had some more wedding nightmares, and I am paying for it now. Monday started out with a massive clean out of my room-->honestly I did not know how much crap you could accumulate. Just stuff that I don't need nor have I needed in the last ten years. Monday night, I had my first big meltdown--Justin was on the other side of the phone to hear it. He deserves a medal for the craziness I put him through. On a side note, I've been engaged for almost 2 years and for me to have my first meltdown 2 months out is pretty good. Anyways, so Tuesday Justin calls and wants to go look at apartments because he knows that was a big thing I wanted to get out of the way. Then, by 4 o'clock that afternoon we had an apartment! Good deal. Cross that off my list! (BTW, best app for having making lists and keeping you organized is called Clear...love it!) Then, I went to Fort Mill because Justin had a 'day off' technically. Wednesday, he came here and we 'almost' finished invitations. Thursday, I finished addressing and cleaned out my sisters' room and straightened that because my mama was going to go crazy if it wasn't at least an organized mess. And now it's Friday--I haven't done much today. I figured I needed a break and so it started with 5 episodes of The Office so that I could catch up on that, lunch and grocery store with mama, and then back for One Tree Hill. Today has been relaxing--I did go by the Post Office to ask about stamps---*(note to anyone getting married--stamps for square envelopes are expensive!) So, I have crossed a lot off my list! Tomorrow is my first Bridal Shower. I'm definitely excited. I love weddings, and with a few exceptions, have LOVED planning every bit of it---but if you do come to my wedding, know that it didn't just 'happen' and that a lot of work went into every single detail. And that's any wedding actually. Appreciate what the Bride and Groom and families have done, because it is such a special day! I have to quit thinking about it sometimes because I do get nervous---like my dreams, "What happens if my bridesmaid wear something crazy?" Where are the programs? What if the wrong songs play??? What if my guests don't have fun and think its dumb? What if the food is bad?!?! Those thoughts cross my mind a lot! But I did find this little thing in Pinterest (the most addicting thing ever created) and it's something that I have to remind myself daily. In the end, if I can say that I am Mrs. Justin Baer and I get to get on a cruise ship on June 10---then everything went perfectly!

No comments:
Post a Comment