Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"The Duo"

Keeping with my last post on friendship, I promised that I would highlight other friendships that have not only made me who I am today, but have influenced my life in a good way. One in particular is quite special. She goes by many names, KTS, Simmonez, #12, but I just call her Katie. Wayyy back in 9th grade at Gaffney High was when I first met Katie. I didn't know if I could actually be friends with her because she went to Ewing Junior High, our rival school. You automatically went in to 9th grade staying with "your" group, so I hung out with my Granard gang for a long time. It wasn't long until I met another friend in my GHS Success class (lame) named Jenna Kaye Flythe. We became friends, and through her and others my Granard group merged with the Ewing group. This included a lot of NEW friends, but Katie has been unique in my friend circle. Katie was ALWAYS up for fun. I know that she LOVED going to Bronco's (probably because of the 'virgin' strawberry daquiri's that were oh so good!) but she was always like 'let's go hang out'. If you have never met Katie, she is honestly one of the funniest people I know. She is quick on her feet with witty sayings and she actually writes really good. She has her own blog which was the inspiration for me to write my own. One thing that we nicknamed ourselves was "The Duo". I am not sure WHY we did this, but I do remember it was at a high school football game (which was an EVERY Friday night thing). Football games were fun because Katie actually knew what was going on in the game and would watch it! You didn't have to tell her what was happening when a flag was thrown, unlike Laura (which now Laura knows football, too!) :) Anyways, high school is where a lot of our inside jokes come from, like, Mindy and the Sexy Girls hotline, rolling down a hill in College Park and Bai losing a shoe, getting chased by black girls in Casey's mom surburban (that actually happened-and we did NOT get to go Bowling!), and can we forget Senior Week '04? I mean some of my fondest and most memorable times were had with that group and Katie was always apart of it.

OK, ENOUGH of memory lane, but Katie is SUCH a good friend, one of my best friends. Not because of all the stuff that we went through in high school--but because no matter what happened AFTER high school, she has always been there for me. I always can call her or text her and she will always respond. She's there to listen to me when I need her and she is one of the strongest Christians I know. She has shown me what kind of love God wants us to show others because she has shown me that. Katie is good. And one thing unique about our friendship is that I have never, ever been mad at her. Not even a little bit. Never said anything negative about her. Never thought anything bad. She has been through a lot in the past couple of years but I have never seen her lose sight of her faith and her friends. She is one amazing person and I am completely grateful to have her in my life. Katie just gets me. It's actually hard to put down in word form, but that's what it is. So, thank you Katie for being in my life--and now a Bridesmaid :) I love you Duo!

No comments:

Post a Comment