One of my most memorable midnight showings was when I went to see New Moon with my sister and some of our friends. We went to Spartan 16 and it was awesome. We sat in the lobby and played card games for a couple of hours and we were just so excited! I sacrificed a lot that night....drove back from USC-Upstate at like 4 in the morning and got up and went to school and taught all day the next day! I was extremely exhausted by 3:20 but it was totally worth every minute of sleep lost.
So, tonight is very exciting!! The Hunger Games comes out tonight at midnight and I have convinced some colleagues of mine to tag along as well as bring some of their children! I was shocked when they said yes! They always look at me crazy when I do these midnight-movie openers. There is just a pull to be the apart of the very first group to see the movie. This one is gonna be good. I started reading the books this past summer. They are really awesome and were recommended to me by my friend Taylor. I think what makes them so good is that instead of having a main character a man, you have a strong, independent protagnist named Katniss who doesn't need a man to take care of her--she can definitely take care of herself--and that she sacrifices for her sister and puts her family's needs before herself. It's not just going to be another 'love story, triangle, crazy thing". It actually has depth, and purpose. Even if Katniss didn't end up with either guy she may be interested in, the story would still be a hit! I also think the books rock because they talk about something that is so completely unreal to us, yet we can relate to it because we see it everyday. Government control, freedoms of citizens revoked, the haves and the have-nots. We can relate to it!! Suzanne Collins is a genius and so if you are going to see The Hunger Games be sure to read the books too! You will not be disappointed! Plus, once you see the ending to this first book, you will be DYING to find out what happens NEXT!!!
"May the odds be ever in your favor..."



No comments:
Post a Comment