Every morning, when I get to school I check CNN. It's just a habit. I like to be kept up with the news around the world. Every night when I get home from work I turn on the TV for the local news. Again, just to be informed. If you do watch the news, read the paper, or the internet, you can be honest and know that there isn't much out in the news to be happy about. The biggest issue concerning the media today deal with celebrities, Syria, and the GOP Presidential race. Throw Iran in there with gas prices and anything about soldiers in Afghanistan and you have got about 30 minutes of nothing but bad news. And it is not getting better. This world, with every generation is getting worse. Technologically better, morally worse. And you can see it start with youth. I mean even Socrates saw the youth in his day get worse:
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."
Doesn't that sound like it applies to today??? Yet, that was thousands of years ago. I know sometimes I feel that there isn't any good in the world. That there is only hurt, pain, suffering, and if history is to tell us anything, it is only going to get worse.
But as a child of God, I know that there is a better day coming soon. That I can look at the bad in the news and I can look at the hurt, and the pain, and the suffering and KNOW without a doubt that when I breathe my FINAL breath, it's not the last. That it is only the beginning. The beginning. That this WORLD has NOTHING FOR ME. This world is only to bring pain. So, to turn on the news and to see the bad stuff, we shouldn't be shocked because SIN has taken over. We are at the worst it has ever been. However, there is hope! Hope in Jesus.
Sometimes, I may feel like an alien in this world, maybe an outsider because I am different. I am not of this world. This is not where I belong. Something better awaits me. My final home. And I can't wait.
"All I know is I'm not home yet. This is not where I belong. TAKE THIS WORLD AND GIVE ME JESUS. THIS IS NOT WHERE I BELONG." -Building 429
Check out the video/song that inspired this post: Click Here
No comments:
Post a Comment