Monday, March 12, 2012

"This one's for the girls..." who don't like basketball...

Since I watched the Duke Blue Devils take home the NCAA Championship in 2001, I get thrilled by the month of March. I have always liked basketball, but until then, had never really paid attention to who won, and honestly didn't care. Thankfully, I was saved by the grace of blue and white and Coach K. It was thrilling to watch! Now, I might have watched a little too much because of certain players (Mike Dunleavy at the time was my main man). And every year, a freshmen would come in and I would follow them 3 or 4 years as well. JJ Redick(my all time fave), Plumlee Brothers, Nolan Smith, Chris Duhon, etc...you get the picture. I loved to watch them play! However, March and all the madness that it is, is dominated by bracketology and guys spending hours on filing out their bracket. I even know a guy loves March so much he compares it to Christmas---even puts up a tree.
I understand brackets and all that junk because, one, I have watched basketball for a long time and, two, I have a fiancee who spends HOURS on his little S-curves and RPI and SOS excel spreadsheets (and no, I don't exactly know what those mean). However, for the ladies that do not understand brackets and everything, I am going to give you some resources so #1 you can beat everyone in the office pool and #2 you can impress any guy. If this is your first time doing a bracket, then you probably have a good chance of winning against a guy. The less you think, the better. Guys put so much thought into every game and its not that big of a deal.
Now the following image is somewhat of a "let's make fun of girls who know nothing", but actually if you are stuck this might work:

 
Now, if that's too easy and you need some more REAL resources check out Stiletto Sports. This has literally TONS of information that you need to be the Babe of the Brackets. Also, Dish Mag has a pretty legit blog that even features "Madness Language" so that when you are in a room full of guys yelling at the TV, you may can make out some words and figure out what they are talking about. It also has fun facts about March Madness that you can enter into any conversation and guys will think you know way more than you do---Impressed they will be! 

And-if you have  any real interest in debates about College Sports---have him listen to Justin and Brad as they do lively pod casts on the web about any and all sports (Justin, my fiancee and Brad-Christmas Tree guy). They know what they are talking about and are very well informed on the issues today! Find them at http://68and16sportscast.tumblr.com/ and http://sportsentiment.com/,


And if none of these work--just pick the one with the better seed. You really can't go wrong with picking all #1 seeds. One of those usually ends up in the Final Four.

Now-go fill out one of those bracket things---games start tomorrow! Let's go ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment