Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm so in love with you....

It's February! :) Which, as I am a hopeless romantic at heart, is one of my most FAVORITE months of the year! I think it started in middle school with Lizzie McGuire. OH how I wanted Lizzie and Gordo to be boyfriend and girlfriend! Then I went with Katie, Erica, Laura, and a bunch of other people to see the Lizzie McGuire movie and at the end they kissed! I was so excited! Finally! I just love the build up of a good love story-the flirting, and letter-writing (before there was texting!) and the looks, and the over-analyzing everything that he said and that it meant something way more than what it was! I also remember making the statement in middle school that I would marry the first boy I kissed! Talk about a wow statement! I don't know if I actually meant it or thought it would come true, but I guess somewhere inside me, I believed that was the best way to go about it. I don't like to be sad-I like to be happy! So, when I thought about dating people (and yes-I had LOTS of guys that I liked-ask Bai!) I guess I never wanted it to end. I mean you go through all this good stuff, the looks, the flirting, the over-analyzing every single word he says, then you date and you have really good times together--and then it ends?? Oh no. There was no way I was putting myself through that. So, while I might not have understood it in high school, or even freshmen year of college, I never dated. Never went out with a guy, never kissed a guy, nothing. It was so frustrating! I always thought something was wrong with me, or something I said, or that I wasn't pretty enough. Turned out, it actually wasn't any of that. I actually hadn't met the guy! Fast-forward to Junior year of my college career when I started to hang out with a guy, like for real. He was cute, funny, but most of all, he was a better "talker" on AIM than face-to-face--at first. (Back in the day AIM was the way we communicated instead of Facebook-haha) Night after night, I lost sleep because we would be up until 2 am talking about.....anything! That is where it starts people. There has to be a friendship before there can be any kind of lasting to a relationship. He slowly became one of my best friends and by winter break of 06, we were a thing! My first boyfriend! First date! First everything! AHH-It was so exciting, and fun, and I really connected with him. I can even remember our first date and what I wore, our first fight, or the first apartment he lived in, the first time we stayed up all night waiting for snow and just knew class would be cancelled (except it didn't snow and class wasn't cancelled and we had to go to class on zero sleep-rough day). I remember the first time he called me beautiful, and the first year of e-mails because we were long-distance. And also when he printed off all 230 emails and put them in a cute binder for our First Anniversary. He was my first everything. I look back and NOW I understand why all the other ones didn't work out. Now, I understand why it happened the way it did. I am glad I can say that I didn't waste any amount of time or love on anyone else. That I truly saved my heart for The One. And now I am truly living my own fairy tale. I am marrying the first guy that I ever kissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment