Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Sleepless in Gaffney
Honestly, I've had better weeks. Well, let's make that a better two weeks. I have definitely had a better two weeks. Without going into any details, the last two weeks have been riddled with family issues and worries about mine and Justin's future which has turned into ZERO sleep, and then makes me grouchy, irritable and ultimately just want to sleep and then I can't sleep. It's a vicious cycle that seems like it will never end. I even took a couple of sleeping pills--nothing big, just like Unisom--to hopefully give me rest and I haven't rested well with those either. So needless to say my lack of sleep just makes me more irritable. However, as I was driving home from work today I went a different way. I drove past a church that had this verse on it: "Come to me , all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28 Wow. What a shocker there. Why hadn't I thought of that? Obviously what I needed to do was to give everything to Jesus. Hand over every worry, every problem, everything that was making me stay up at night and just give it to Him. He could give me rest---without a pill or yoga or anything. So---that's what I'm gonna do. I feel sleepy already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment