Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wake me up when November ends....cause they'll still be talking about it at Thanksgiving

BEFORE I even start writing this post, please let me preface it by saying that I do not consider myself Republican nor Democrat. I vote for the smartest person for the job---this year, honestly, I don't know who I am going to vote for! Also, I realize that everyone is entitled to an opinion----however, PLEASE do not get that construed with what is the TRUTH! It makes me want to quit Facebook when I see crap like this.....

.....this is what was on my news feed this afternoon.....while it does say 'sources' at the bottom and maybe all those numbers and figures are correct.....WHY would this alll be Obama's fault???? My most favorite website during "politics" season is http://www.politifact.com/ or you can visit http://www.snopes.com/
is just as good. So using these tools I can prove to you that what you see above is called 'propaganda" and is used to sway your vote because you won't separate what they want you to hear from what the truth is.......

#1 Unemployment: Michele Bachman says that if we keep Obama unemployment will rise up to over 9%...that's FALSE. (story is linked). David Ciciline said that when Obama came to office we were losing jobs, now we are gaining them. This is MOSTLY true due to the face that David's numbers were off but we were losing jobs, now we are gaining. Here is a direct quote from the story...."We want to note, as we repeatedly have, that even though there's been improvement in the job numbers during the Obama administration, a president's ability to influence the economy is severely limited.". I rest my case.

#2 Median Income: Paul Ryan says "Household income in America has gone down for families an average of $4,000 in the last four years" while it " went up $5,000" under Mitt Romney when he was governor of Massachusetts "....THIS IS FALSE. The link will explain why.

#3:Gasoline: It is really pitiful to see this and I'm not even going to link anything because if you know just a small bit about economics, you would know that the President of the United States has zero control over gas prices. You could argue that he could have went for more domestic oil drilling or cleaner energy, but that's not what the picture says. 

#4 National Debt: Kelly Ayotte said in a Town hall meeting "Under President Bush in eight years, we added $4.9 trillion to the debt. Under President Obama, we've added $5.3 trillion to the debt in the 3.5 years he's been in office." While this looks like it is favoring Bush--it's not. Obama had to add that much debt to save the auto-industry and Wall Street. If we learned anything from Roosevelt and the Great Depression its if you want to increase economic activity the government has to spend money. The link will explain other stuff as well.

So---since I've pretty much proven everything on this stupid piece of garbage in like 30 minutes--I ENCOURAGE you to PLEASE research before you vote....it is sooooo crucial. Especially in this election where both sides like to throw out 'figures and numbers' to make the other side look bad, but its only partly a sentence. Also, I encourage you to watch Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. He calls both sides out when they are wrong. It will really open your eyes. 

So for now---VOTE SMART :)






No comments:

Post a Comment