Ya'll, fall is my FAVORITE time of year! It is crisp weather, pretty leaves, comfy sweaters, boots, and most importantly....football! Now, ya'll know that in the south football, especially college football, is like a religion. You can get into an almost knock-down drag out with someone over football and the 'my team is better than your team' things. And I LOVE that about it. It is such a passionate debate and can make or break a Saturday for most men.
I am a Carolina Gamecock fan through and through and live for Saturdays...however, my sister and brother-in-law have invited me to play in a......wait for it.....Fantasy Football League. Oh my goodness, I feel LAME even typing it! However, I have participated in the Bracket Challenge for NCAA basketball tournament and enjoyed that and I really have zero reasons to watch football on Sunday---and that's all Justin will be doing---SOOO I joined The League. I gotta tell ya, I have NO idea what I'm doing.
Now, Justin has tried to help me out by kind of hinting at what I should know and how The League works, but it ain't looking good. So, I scoured the internet and found some good websites to help me out! Ladies-these are for you if you are in my shoes and have no clue what The League is all about it! Apparently, it can be very complicated!
I found TWO good sites: http://fantasyfootballforgirls.com/.
This can give you cheat sheets for stats--yeah, you'll need those for your draft! And they can help you out by letting you do a mock draft! Super helpful I'm told!
The next one, and the one I found most helpful is http://thefantasyfootballgirl.com/
This is a girl who LOVES Fantasy Football! She has a super cool Draft Strategy called: 'Pounce Soon and Keep it Kinky'. I automatically love her.
So, I'm gonna read up on these this weekend and my draft party is going to be Sunday at Buffalo Wild Wings! Super excited! Happy Football Season!
Thanks for the recommendation! Liz and I created fantasyfootballforgirls.com because we are addicted to fantasy football. If you enjoyed your NCAA bracket challenge, like we do each year, you will be all about fantasy football. My favorite part is that depending what guys are on your fantasy team, you can be earning points no matter who is on offense. Good luck with your draft and your season. Let us know who you ended up with on your team and write us with any questions. We just updated our projections by position and our top 100 players, so check those out www.fantasyfootballforgirls.com/draft-cheat-sheets Great blog, btw.
ReplyDeleteGeorgia