Since I've been here on the computer typing away....while I feel that my typing days are not over, I do feel that this blog served the purpose of putting words down when I was stressed with wedding planning. Since I am a teacher and summer is the most unstressed time of my life, I haven't written as much. So, I'm gonna try and get back in the swing of things (with 3ish weeks til school starts back...ohmygah!)....cause when there's school and teaching, there's always something worth writing about....and I'm gonna do a countdown cause it makes me feel more organized :)
Top 5 things I've enjoyed this summer:
1) Marriage-obviously this should be #1 because most of the time I feel like I live with my best friend who is my roommate. We get along really well in the same dwelling place. Interesting to see how this unfolds as work starts back for me.....but for now, I am loving it and love to take care of him.
2)Organization-I have used this summer to organize. I have organized for school, the house, and just in general trying to organize life. I have a NEW Teacher Toolbox, NEW Teacher Binder and NEW Home Management Binder! I have found out that a menu planner and grocery list will save you TONS of money without having to clip coupons! And it'll probably save me time during workdays!
3)The Dark Knight Rises-While I was going to dedicate a WHOLE blog post on this, my friend Katie did an awesome job of recapping the movie and answering some questions that we all had. (http://www.kteliz.blogspot.com/) I did go to the Midnight Premiere and it was awesome and I went back that Sunday and it was even more awesome. Justin and I are really hardcore Batman fans and even though we've seen the movie, he still plays his Batman games, reads Batman comics, and at the beginning of the summer we 100%ed LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (which I totally recommend). *One small note on TDKR----I feel that this would be the PERFECT opportunity to make a Justice League movie after the ending of TDKR so if Joseph Gordon-Levitt were Batman OR Robin, it would be super awesome to through Superman in there with the release of "Man of Steel" in 2013!.....Just my personal opinion though!
4) Reading!: One of my PERSONAL favorite things to do in the summer is to READ! I love to read for pleasure and really don't like when I am assigned to read, but I was assigned a book called Focus and really liked it. It really 'focuses' on Common Core Standards (which are coming and teachers are ALREADY preparing for them). A couple of awesome books that I read were "The Scent of Fear" by Tom Adair which was a murder/mystery thriller so to speak. Wasn't written bad but not good either but kept me guessing until the last chapter! What I shouldn't have wasted my time on was "The Fifty Shades of Grey" Books. Truthfully, I was excited to read them...however after I finally finished the 3rd book I was like "omg". I mean its unrealistic in its 'carnal' expectations of what happens in the bedroom and in marriage. Also, I feel that a book should have ONE central plot and then break into the climax and then resolve the issue.....however these books had several DIFFERENT issues that would resolve and another would come along. It was exhausting keeping up with the plot. Plus, it was extremely POORLY written--especially by the third book. I am now onto a Prophecy book by David Jeremiah. Very historical and very Biblical. More on that later.
5) TV: When I have days that I don't go anywhere, which in the summer are a lot, I can only clean so much. So, I've gotten into a routine with my Television and even my breakfast. I have found this Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal is my absolute favorite thing for breakfast. I eat a bowl with a cup of coffee from my awesome Keurig. Then from 8-11 its Will & Grace reruns and from 1-4 its Grey's Anatomy reruns and then How I Met Your Mother comes on. And that's all on Lifetime :) I also got hooked on the shows Chopped and Project Runway!
So there's a rundown of my summer. A little bit of this and that...and then in about 3 weeks my freedom is gone and I will have 140 fresh new faces in the 7th grade. :) I may as well enjoy it while it lasts!!
No comments:
Post a Comment