So this is my first blog after being hitched and I have to say married life is awesome. As I sit here in OUR apartment watching OUR TV and looking at OUR furniture, I think back to how I got here. I think it all started out when I didn't get into Clemson (which is such a blessing now!). I was crushed when I received a letter in the mail saying that someone hadn't sent in my transcripts and my application was not filed on time so I couldn't go. And so I ended up at USC Upstate--which is where I met a guy who roomed with a guy who went to high school with Justin....and then I think that is weird. It's amazing how God truly has a divine and perfect plan and yet I still doubt Him sometimes. And it's an awesome thing that it didn't work out with any other guy--that one guy that I was infatuated with for 2 years in college (My US 4 NO MORE group knows who I'm talking about)---he doesn't hold a candle to Justin...to the man that he is. And I am GRATEFUL more than anything that I finally listened to Blake and Lee and Bailey (who are the smartest 3 people I know :) ) So yea, my happiness that I have now is credited to God and the friends he put in my life. They do say hindsight is 20/20. I just wish I knew then what I know now and I wouldn't have wasted so much time giving my feelings and time to a guy that was a jerk and led me on. I am completely and utterly happy. I know now that to trust God is the only way to live your life. He knows the plan. Just trust him and follow it.
P.S. My wedding was pretty awesome....if you didn't get to come, pics will be up on facebook soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment